Hi everybody

at 03 December 2007

Most of you have probably seen me around the halls by now. My name is Jared O'Connell and I started with the Statistics & Decision Analysis group two weeks ago.

My background is Applied Statistics and Computer Science, which were my majors at the University of Western Australia. After finishing my bachelor's degree, I worked for three years at a government science body, the CSIRO, performing satellite imagery analysis (link). This work involved the analysis of large amounts of data using classification, robust regression, HMMs and parallel computing to make it all run fast enough!

I now will be working within the ILSORM project, looking at the relationship between progesterone, activity levels and reproductive status in cows. I look forward to working with you all.

0 comments: